Sacred Mountain Julian is a hidden gem east of San Diego, tucked into the mountainside. It’s the perfect place for those who want a woodsy destination feel for their wedding day, without having to travel out of state for it. I was lucky enough to spend a few nights here for a photographers’ retreat in 2018, and I can honestly speak to the ambiance of the place. It has a quiet calmness, a cozy feel, and instantly transports you from the hustle of normal California life. If you thought you wanted a PNW wedding but want to stay closer to home, I’d say you’ve found your perfect wedding venue!
So grateful Nickelle and Chris connected Andrew and Ashley with me! Some people ask if I have a favorite part of weddings… and the honest answer is “it depends!” For A+A’s wedding, their first look gripped my heart when Ashley stopped in her tracks before reaching Andrew. She was emotional and had to take a deep breath through her happy-tears. Subtle, but powerful. Call me sappy, but I love watching love unfold and how unique it is for each relationship. Deeper in the day, my heart was captured again watching their Paebaek ceremony, when the toasts began, and listening to Andrew sing “I want it that way” by Backstreet Boys with his groomsmen.
“We had the pleasure of seeing Alex in action at my friend’s wedding prior to our own. As a groomsman, I saw just how dedicated and on top of things she was throughout the entire day. When I got engaged, I immediately knew that I wanted Alex to photograph our special day. On top of the rave review I received from my friend and his wife, Alex’s work also speaks for itself. She is amazing at what she does and one look at her website and IG will blow your mind. She has a knack for capturing such special and intimate moments and her attention to detail is unlike any photographer I have seen at other weddings. Here are the many other reasons why you should choose her to photograph your big day:
1. Her communication. Alex was by far the best vendor we had in terms of communication. She answered most of our emails within 24 hours and even responded to a question we had while she was on vacation in Iceland. She routinely checked in on how our planning was going and was always open to chat or discuss anything wedding related.
2. Her personality and ability to make you feel comfortable behind the camera. I’ll admit, at first I was a little nervous about our engagement shoot as I had never taken part in a photoshoot. However, one second after meeting Alex and all those feelings dissipated. Alex knows how to make her clients feel at ease and constantly reassured and encouraged us throughout our time together. She brings nothing but positive vibes and her bubbly and warm personality make her so easy to work with. You feel as if you’ve known her for years.
3. Her work. Alex is an amazing photographer. She is great at capturing every little moment and detail as well as the emotions of your wedding day. I was amazed looking at the photos she took and could feel that energy and emotion from our wedding day scrolling through her album. When comparing her work to other photographers, she can’t help but stand out. Her editing skills and uncanny ability behind the camera ensures that you will be thrilled with the photos she takes on your wedding day and engagement shoot.
4. The little things. When we booked Alex as our photographer, she sent us the sweetest welcome package. You can tell that she really cares about the people she works with. The bond with Alex is more than just a business relationship, and you really do build something much more personal when working with her. Our family and wedding guests raved about how great she was and how personable and professional she was all evening. You know she is doing something right when you hear this from almost every guest.
5. She listens to her clients. Alex wants to make you feel comfortable. While there are a bunch of ideas running through her head on photo ideas, photoshoot locations, etc., ultimately she wants to support your decisions and make you happy. She offers great advice and has a lot of experience which is so beneficial for her clients. That was one thing that we appreciated so much when working with her.
Alex thank you for everything you did throughout our wedding planning process. You were one vendor we could always count on and never had to worry about. We knew you were always there to support us, seek advice, or talk to when we had questions about anything wedding related. You are so sweet and we couldn’t have asked for a better wedding photographer. It was by far the best decision we made and we’ll have amazing photo memories forever because of you. Much Love, Ashley & Andrew”